metro mole, London ,gossip, art ,media,art,culture,Dr Who,Coronation street,The producers,sex,

Thursday, February 24, 2005

 

Schizophrenia and Estate Agents

I was so looking forward to 'Blue/orange'on BBC3 last night about schizophrenia. Having heard so much about the play and how many awards it had claimed I thought it was worth watching ,and indeed it was .However, as I had been up early working that day,the weight of my eyes finally exceeded the weight of the day and I woke up with a jolt only to find one of the character's face staring at me through a mound load of credits(Have you noticed how it 's always the way when you fall asleep during a movie you wake up at the very end?) So if anyone saw the last 20 minutes please let me know.
Ok, let me take you away from the grime of London for just a second.Let me take you to a lovely little village in the
Sunderland called East Herrington (nothing to do with fish by the way)and a quaint little apartment in a 19th century listed building complete with archway leading to a courtyard and gardens at the back that used to be where old livery stables stood.Sounds nice? Yes well it is.It happened to be my old residence up north and after leasing it out for 4 years now I decided to sell it. The Halifax estate agents told me anything from £65,000-£75,000. After hearing numerous stories from other people I knew i could at least add £20 000 on to this figure, after all they want to sell it as soon as possible to get their pound of flesh don't they? However,they advised me against this stating that no way would I get more than £80,000 for the property and so,complete with the worst picture ever taken since since Joseph Niepce in 1826, I decided on offers over £79,500 .Five days later and no mention of a garden at the rear later I got two offers for £82,000 and one for £86,000.So, the moral of the story is, listen to yourself and not a professional advisor.I have now put the guide price up to £92,000. Any takers on a piece of history? If you can get past the picture that is....

Events today:

Harold Pinter in conversation at the Royal Court theatre , Sloane square.Free! but you have to book on 02075655044

T.v highlight:
Horizon. Issues involved in genetically engineering babies before birth. Judging by the kids around my area I think it could be a blessing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt a fetus

«#Blogging Brits?»

British Blogs.